Sweater weather is here. There is something so inviting about cozying up in a warm knit. I never like to feel cold, or too hot for that matter, so finding just the right style is key. I also try to avoid bulk, even if I am wearing a more oversized trend. Itchy is also not an option. (Have you ever noticed that while shopping for a sweater, the fabric doesnt feel itchy, but the second you put it on at home you feel like you are wearing sandpaper? That is a huge no for me.)
This season, the options are endless. Sweater styles go way beyond the basic wool pullover.
Ive been on the hunt and have found the right sweaters to snuggle up in, whether Im lounging on a rainy Sunday morning or having cocktails with the girls after work on a cold Friday night.
1. First, of course, theres cashmere. Its a girls best friend in winter. It will keep you super warm without added bulkthat means a slimmer-looking figure. I often opt for a classic crewneck thats thin enough to tuck into your favorite pair of jeans or wear with a pencil skirt to work. Always look for a little extra detail, like the pom-poms on this cute Autumn Cashmere sweater.
2. Now, lets talk cropped sweaters. (Hear me out!) Cropped clothing doesnt have to mean belly-baring; its about where it sits in relation to the top of your pants or skirt. This style is perfect to pair with a higher-waisted piece to create a feminine silhouette. This Line & Dot cropped sweater is just right.
Courtesy of Revolve/Song of Style
3. A cardigan that provides multiple styling options is always a good bet. The aboveSong of Style belted cardiganhas everything. The buttons, ribbed-knit fabric and fuller-sleeve details prove it was designed by a fashion influencer. It can be worn on its own, buttoned up, or open and layered over another lightweight top.
4.Animal print turns up the cool factor and transforms a basic outfit. Lately, prints are moving away from traditional neutral tones toward a little bit of subtle color.This light blueAqua sweater mixes a cardigan style with a bold, leopard-jacquard design.
5. How about something to put on in the morning to make you feel a little happier? Check out this ASOS rainbow-pastel sweater. You will see these everywhere right now in every style and price range. I particularly like this one because of its voluminous sleeves and subtle hues.
Courtesy ofMer-Sea & Co.
6. Finally, a long cardigan will become your go-to piece to throw over almost any outfit when youre running out of the house. Its a layering essential. Mer-Sea & Co. designed this La Lapel Cardigan to be a sweater-coat when there is a slight chill in the air.
Each of these sweaters would make an ideal addition to your winter wardrobe. Of course, these top six picks will keep you in style all season long. They may even be great repeat offenders for next year.