A deliciously refreshing carrot smoothie recipe, packed full of goodness with a hint of zingy ginger. Suitable for vegans.
This post contains affiliate links, which are marked with *.
We love to start our day with a smoothie. I feel happier sending my kids off for a day at school knowing that theyve had a nutritious breakfast packed full of veggies and other nutrients.
Making a healthy smoothie, like this carrot one, takes just a few minutes. I dont always manage it but I do try to make a smoothie every day for breakfast.
How difficult is it to make a carrot smoothie?
It is really very easy to make a carrot smoothie. You will need to have a good high powered blender* to ensure that the carrot gets broken down and blended into the smoothie.
I use my Froothie Air Vac 2 blender*.
Other than that its just a case of chopping up the ingredients and popping them into the blender.
Do you need any special equipment to make this recipe?
You will need a high powered blender*.
Apart from that all you need is a chopping board and sharp knife.
What ingredients do you need to make a carrot smoothie?
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- small chunk ginger, peeled chopped, optional
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 100g frozen mango (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 100g frozen pineapple (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 500ml orange juice
What else can you add into a smoothie for extra goodness?
I have added flax seeds (linseed) and turmeric to this recipe as well as fruit and veggies.
Some of my other favourite healthy smoothie ingredients include:
- hemp hearts
- brazil nuts
- chia seeds
- nut butter
- butternut squash
- kale or spinach
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
More healthy smoothie recipes
Pin carrot smoothie for later
How to make a carrot smoothie
A deliciously refreshing carrot smoothie recipe, packed full of goodness with a hint of zingy ginger.
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 banana (peeled and sliced)
- small chunk ginger (peeled chopped, optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (linseed)
- 100 g frozen mango (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 100 g frozen pineapple (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 500 ml orange juice
Place 1 diced carrot, 1 sliced banana, a small chunk of chopped ginger, 1/2 tsp ground turmeric and 1 tbsp flax seeds into your blender. Add 100g frozen mango chunks and 100g frozen pineapple.
- If your mango and pineapple isnt frozen also add a few ice cubes.
- Pour over 500ml orange juice and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later and stir before serving. Can also be frozen into smoothie ice lollies.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribeto my newsletter to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it Ill receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.