Smoothies are one of my favourite foods (can you consider smoothies food?) they make a great breakfast, snacks and are a great healthy dessert option. I usually use smoothies as an alternative to junk food for when sugar cravings hit. They also taste amazing and are a great excuse to eat three bananas at the same time.
I have been trying to be more creative lately, and I have been experimenting with smoothies which are inspired by my favourite chocolate bars. It’s a great way to sneak some healthy things into a delicious, junk food tasting way. I am a massive chocolate fiend, and I have long considered a family size block of chocolate a single serving, so it’s great to find different ways to fix that craving, without having to admit to my boyfriend that I ate an entire family block of chocolate without him, again.
All of these recipes are under five minutes to make, are dairy and gluten-free and delicious, they are also slightly healthier for you than a family block of chocolate.
All you need for these recipes is a blender, frozen smoothies and about five minutes.
- 2 Frozen Bananas (all of these smoothies have a frozen banana base, because they blend up to be creamy and delicious)
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (I like vanilla)
- Unsweetened Cacao powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of Chia seeds (if you put them in a glass with some water, and mix them up, they go gooey and delicious)
- A spoonful of peanut butter
- I scoop of Salted Caramel Protein Powder
- Cacao nibs to decorate (optional)
Just blend it up until its smooth and enjoy!
Reeces Pieces Smoothie:
- Unsweetened Almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 2 Overripe Bananas (frozen)
- 2 spoons of peanut butter (I just use normal peanut butter, but natural peanut butter, with just peanuts and salt would probably be better for you)
- 1 Spoon of cacao powder
- 1 Scoop Chocolate protein powder
Cherry Ripe Smoothie:
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Frozen Cherries, the amount really depends on how much you like frozen cherries, I like to add about a cup, but my boyfriend likes to nix the whole smoothie thing and just eat the frozen cherries in a cup, so it’s up to you
- Chocolate protein powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Cacao powder
- Coconut oil (for healthy fats)
Salted Caramel Smoothie
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- Coconut Cream (I used tinned coconut milk, you just scoop the cream off the top)
- Coconut milk (I used the same tin)
- 2 Mejool dates (I soak them for a bit in warm water to make them squishy and fun)
- coconut sugar (optional- but delicious)
- Salt (I like pink salt, because it’s pretty)
- Vanilla essence
- 1 Scoop of Salted Caramel protein powder
What do you like to put in your smoothies? I would love to hear your comments and suggestions