Hey guys! I’m sure at this point you’ve heard about J.Crew filing for bankruptcy. This is so sad because J.Crew is a brand I have always loved. I remember back in college when I couldn’t afford to shop there, after getting my first job, I started going to J.Crew Factory, then started going to the main store. Needless to say, I have a long history with this brand. Things have not been the same since Jenna Lyon left but they make such great basics, that have been the backbone of my work wardrobe. I hope this is the wake call they need to get it together and come back stronger. I’ve let go of a LOT of J.Crew items during my many closet cleanings but I’ve never considered getting rid of these.
So today I wanted to highlight the pieces that I love and wear the most. So if you are looking to shop their sale, don’t be distracted by the shiny colorful things, invest instead in great pieces you’ll cherish for a long time.
- Going out Blazer: It’s the best fitting blazer I own, I wear a size 6.
- Parke Blazer: Another favorite with a more relaxed fits, I have it in 3 colors both in size 6 and 8 (for the linen).
- The Downtown Field Jacket: At some point, I had this in all colors but I downsized and kept only the classic olive. I wear a size medium
- Cameron Pants: I have this one in 3 colors and wear a size 6.
- High Rise Denim Shorts: If I could only keep one pair of denim shorts, it would be there. I have them in a 27.
- Everyday Chambray Shirt: I’ve tried every chambray shirt J.Crew have made in the past 10 years and this is the only keeper for me. I have it in a size 6.
- V-Neck Camisole: I love this v-neck cami, I have it almost all the colors available. I wear a size 4, I’m small chested.
- Jackie Cardigan: I so love this classic cardigan, I have in several colors and striped. I wear a small.
- Slim Perfect T-Shirt: Also in stripes. I love love love this tee, I have several of the stripes and solid colors. I wear a small.
- Pullover: more pullovers. I love a cozy sweatshirt and all my favorites are from J.Crew, I’ve acquired quite a few over the years and always get a small for a relaxed fit.
More than telling you what I love, I think it’s more important to show you, thankfully I have a backlog of outfit pictures. Enjoy and feel free to ask questions in the comment section.
Going out blazer
Slim Perfect T-shirt
High Rise denim shorts
The downtown field jacket
if you have any J.Crew favorite you think I should know about, please do share