Cobra Kai actress Mary Mouser, who plays Samantha Larusso on the show made these deliciously wonderful Bananarama Chocolate Chip Pancakes on her YouTube channel. If you’ve seen Cobra Kai on Netflix, then you know about the famous Bananarama Chocolate Chip Pancakes Daniel Larusso whipped up for Sam on the show in one episode. I took notes while watching Mary make the pancakes herself but decided to spin my own twist to it by turning it into waffles instead. Because waffles are superior to pancakes. Right??? Lol. All
lame joking aside, here’s the written instructions for this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons regular granulated white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons low fat milk (I used 2 percent)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted melted butter (I skipped the butter the second time because it was too buttery for my taste when I first tried this, so you can reduce the butter or skip it altogether)
- 1 small over ripe banana (the riper the banana, the tastier it is)
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the banana and mash it with a fork until almost smooth. Whisk in eggs then add milk and vanilla extract and stir everything altogether. After this step, pour in chocolate chips if you want and combine that with the mixture. Once that’s done, pour the mixture in a waffle maker or in a pan if you’re making pancakes and if you need more specific visual instructions, go watch the video lol. Mary Mouser is adorable and has a fun personality.
Once it was finished, I poured semi-sweet chocolate chips on top and added slices of banana along with some sweet maple syrup.
I didn’t take any pictures once it was done because I scarfed them all down afterwards lol *sweat drop*. So here’s a picture I found to make up for it. If you make these yourself I hope you enjoy them as much as I did and if you haven’t watched Cobra Kai, I hope you’ll give that show a try while eating these yummy pancakes or waffles at the same time. The show is badass just like this recipe. Enjoy! ^_^