Pancakes are a favorite breakfast around here. We especially love these because they are not only delicious but healthy too! Made with yummy, hearty ingredients these pancakes are oil (though you do need a little for the griddle) and refined sugar free, a great start to any morning.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour (just blend oats until they form a powder)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 TBS baking powder
- 1 TBS flax meal (optional)
- 1 TBS hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups unsweetened plant based milk
- 2 TBS unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe spotty bananas, mashed
- chocolate chips, Lily Sweets makes stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- non stick cooking spray, we use coconut or olive oil spray
- In a large bowl whisk together: whole wheat flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, flax meal, hemp and chia seeds.
- Add milk, apple sauce and vanilla. Whisk until combined with no lumps.
- Add mashed bananas and stir through.
- Spray griddle with non stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Pour batter onto griddle for desired size pancakes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips onto each pancake.
- Cook until the center begins to bubble then flip and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds.
- Top with fresh banana slices, some chocolate chips and pure maple syrup and dig in!